Identifying opportunities to help our customers with the next step in sustainability.
At ORTEC, we leverage data and mathematics to create value for business and society at large. Customer value can manifest itself in various ways: lower costs, better working conditions, higher quality, higher utilizations rates, or happier personnel. Another way of value creation is helping our customers to be more sustainable. And we want to leverage our data and mathematics expertise in order to do so. We are looking for students that can help us in identifying opportunities for our consulting department and formulating a solid strategic vision and roadmap. The focus industry for this assignment is Transport and Logistics.
In this project, you will be part of ORTEC’s student team in the Sustainability LAB. Together with other (graduate) students, you will work on the same strategic topic, but you will have your own research question and (thesis) subject. Within this LAB you will have the possibility to brainstorm and discuss with colleagues about the topic. Your research will be of direct practical relevance to ORTEC and our customers. Besides that, we have a lot of experience with supervising student projects and know what universities are expecting from a research point of view as well.
Who you are:
- You are a student in the master’s phase of your course in the area of a sustainability-related program (e.g. Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Business & Innovation, Global Business & Sustainability or comparable.
- You are passionate about improving the world with your knowledge on sustainability.
- Experience with programming and mathematics is a plus.
- You’re able to balance independently working on your research and working in a team.
- You are interested in the business and context behind the research question.
- You are bilingual – able to fluently communicate in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing).
What we offer:
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- Football table, our own bar the “ORTAP”, Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders’ home, and much more
- Excellent supervision during your graduation project
- Good internship allowance and a laptop
- Activities with all graduate students at ORTEC, like Friday afternoon drinks
- Possibility to work as a Student Assistant next to your graduation project
What to expect:
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 900 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.